Need to purchase a new Instrument Cluster and Reset mileage

Transporting some metal stakes and a sudden stop embedded a metal tree stake in my instrument cluster barely missing me.

Nothing works on it now.

I've located one at a local junk yard and can get it installed but can anyone recommend a diagnostic tool or software that will let me adjust the odometer readout and calibrate the speedometer to tire size?

It's already out of warranty. About 2 weeks ago I had it serviced at 60,236 miles and was going to add a couple of thousand to that. Putting in the one I'm getting, IF it has memory, would show less than 30K according to the salvage place. I don't want issues down the line when I go to sell it.

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium

Glad you weren't injured, there are no tools that can enable you to edit the mileage. Did you verify if the speedometer is off by using an app on your phone?

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
Glad you weren't injured, there are no tools that can enable you to edit the mileage. Did you verify if the speedometer is off by using an app on your phone?
There are OBD scanners and similar tools for many vehicles and most Ford product but none I have found for this particular model. Are you saying there is none for this model or under the belief there are no such tools?

The Instrument Cluster is totally dead. In replacing it a new one is going to come with NO miles on it and a used one will have the mileage of whatever car it came from on it.

It's a something easily done at/by a dealer but their charge for the replacement and reprogramming is over 3 times the cost of me replacing it.

City
puerto galera
State
HI
Country
Philippines
What I Drive
2001 330ci
https://perssiblo.tk

coronavirus

Learn how you can keep yourself and others safe with these tips. How to Shop Safely During the Coronavirus Outbreak. whether you choose to order your food online or take a walk down to the
(Updated 5:31 p.m. EDT) Cruise lines have temporarily suspended operations worldwide and altered future sailings in Asia, Europe and Alaska as the novel coronavirus (also known as COVID19
The number of cases in the US overall climbed past 100 scattered across at least 14 states, with 27 in Washington. Meanwhile, in New York state, a second coronavirus case has been confirmed in a
Update January 24th 2020, 16:00UTC. Since we were mentioned in the article today about the novel coronavirus 2019nCoV having published comparative models and preliminary inhibitors of the #2019nCoV protease we are in contact with several official bodies to further contribute to the field.. Update January 24th 2020, 22:00UTC
Why are there so few coronavirus cases in Russia and Africa? it is striking that there are only 63 cases reported in all of Russia. Given that Russia has very strong travel, emigration, immigration and trade relationships with China, its very low case numbers raise questions, especially as other countries with comparably close relationships