City
D
State
ME
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford
So left for work this morning, roads were a bit slushy from yesterdays storm, and headed up a hill maybe 1/4 mile the abs kicked on due to slipping, nothing aggressive, however a few seconds later the "Advancetrack Off/Service Advancetrac" warning came on, and instantly I could feel the car get very squirrely, like it just wanted to whip around. A couple seconds later the ABS light came on. Both came/stayed on, at the 1 mile mark I shut the car down and restarted it, they stayed on, so I turned around and parked it, very squirrely, almost like a rear brake was sticking.

This said, the car has a brand new Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors, calipers/brackets/pads setup on all 4 wheels, plus brand new rear Moog wheel bearings, only a couple hundred miles since this was done, however the car had not presented any issues until now.

I will attempt to scan it tonight, (Forscan and an old Auto Enginuity) however from what I've read these cars are NOT easy to read the ABS module.

So before I start by throwing parts at it, (I suspect rear ABS sensor) any other things to check? Voltage was reading 14.2 and the power steering was fine, no issues there so I don't suspect the rack.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
T

tomang07

City
D
State
ME
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford
Thread Starter #2
So followup:

It was the e-brake cable, the passenger side was totally locked up, had to pull the clip and pry it up to get the cable off. Of course it was 0°F out so sounds like typical water in the line somewhere. Ordered a new cable from NAPA for under $40 and in the meantime I zip tied the e-brake cable from that side to the LCA. The Advancetrac and ABS lights were off before I got out of the driveway.

Not looking forward to trying to jack this sucker up enough to get under it to replace that sucker.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk