Completely new to Ford ... 2013 Fusion Titanium AWD

Just wanted to stop in and say hey. Name is Marcus and I just purchased a 2013 Fusion AWD through CarMax that I'll pick up when I'm in the states on leave in a few weeks. Currently stationed in Korea until the fall, but then I'll proceed to Fayetteville NC.

Anyway, I'm new to Ford except an 07 F150 that I owned for a few months a couple years back. I had always been basically GM loyal, but as far as I'm concerned, Ford has really impressed me with the new products compared to what GM is doing.

I was thinking about picking up a new Focus ST, but then really looked at all specs for the Fusion and here I am. I can never leave my cars stock and I'm looking forward to making this thing a beast.

Here's a couple pics of my new (to me) Fusion. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it!

Although I'm new to Ford, I'm definitely not new to cars and modding them :)

Here's a few of my prior projects

Datsun 240Z, small block Chevy/T56 swap (silver)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/537894/1971-datsun-240z/

06 Cobalt SS, too many mods to list http://s100.photobucket.com/user/poundz9oh9/library/Cobalt

Current project 77 Datsun 280Z (Blue turned to black) http://s100.photobucket.com/user/poundz9oh9/library/Z Car

Last edited:
Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase of your new Fusion! Thanks for posting pics of your Fusion. Your previous mod projects look great! Especially the Datsuns!

Do you have any mod plans for your Fusion?

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase of your new Fusion! Thanks for posting pics of your Fusion. Your previous mod projects look great! Especially the Datsuns!

Do you have any mod plans for your Fusion?
Well, considering that I still have the Datsun project going, the mods for the Fusion will be minimal with just some decent supporting mods for things to come later. Initially, thinking, intake/tune, exhaust from dp back, high flow cat, muffler delete, dual port BOV, looking for a decent replacement intercooler as well ..

Then for the exterior .. lowering springs for now, debadge and get some overlays for the blue ovals to match the wheels I plan to dip in a carbon color, then maybe some light vinyl overlay just to darken the lights up just a tad, possibly ditch or dip the chrome as well ... I'll save the big stuff for after the Z lol

OP
P
Thread Starter #5
Just a start, I wanna see what people throw at these motors/transmissions first before I really up the boost. :)

Right now Livernois Motorsports has the best tuning option for the 2.0L EcoBoost. A tune for the 1.6L EcoBoost will be available soon. There's only a handful of CAIs, strut tower braces, and some lowering springs available.

OP
P
Thread Starter #9
Yeah, I've been doing my homework incessantly since I pulled the trigger on this thing and already saved the Livernois links to my phone. If I don't knock the small things out when I take delivery, I'll do it all at once in the fall when I come back from Korea for good. I'll only ha e her for a couple weeks when I pick her up before she gets stored the last four months I'm here.

OP
P
Thread Starter #11
Mmmmmmmm, just noticed Livernois, is only 2 hours from where I'll be storing car and retiring to in a couple years. Maybe some dyno time will be in order once I do the first round of mods.

Funny, the Cobalt was dyno tuned by ZZP over on the opposite side of Michigan in the Grand Rapids area, I'll be curious to see who can pull out more power dollar for dollar out of the same size motor.

2.0 Ecoboost Turbo vs 2.0 Ecotec Supercharged ... hmmm, interesting. My money is on the Ford, however, I worry if the motor can handle as much on stock internals as the Ecotec. They are stout motors.

OP
P
Thread Starter #13
And just like that, Accessport v3 and intake on the way. Couldn't resist 20% off. Steeda gets the initial round of mods. Livernois will get the follow on stuff when I go for big power on the dyno ... later lol

BAM!! That's awesome! Yeah 20% off is a good deal. Steeda runs a good sale a few times a year. Outside of Memorial Day, Black Friday is another sale they run.

City
puerto galera
State
HI
Country
Philippines
What I Drive
2001 330ci
https://perssiblo.tk

covid 19

NYC Half Marathon 2020 Canceled Due to Coronavirus Fears The 2020 United Airlines New York City Half Marathon is now canceled. The halfmarathon, which was scheduled to take place on Sunday (March
PARIS, Jan 29 (Reuters) France has confirmed a fifth case of infection by the new coronavirus from China, the French health minister said on Wednesday, adding the patient was the daughter of an
To be clear I wasnt really questioning the decision to close schools. It just seemed to be conflicting information. Im guessing the CDC suspects community transmission rates are already higher than what the numbers show. I think the biggest thing with closing schools is getting parents/caregivers to not treat this as extended spring break.
Germany to reintroduce border controls with five countries. Europeans scramble across borders as coronavirus restricts travel We are not closing the borders. While Germanys measures