Car review: 2017 Ford Fusion Sport

City
Houston

You're going to like the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport.

I recently spent a week with this stylish sedan and came away liking it very much in terms of the performance and interior comfort it offers.

I found my tester, which came in "shadow black" to be quick with its V-6 2.7-liter twin-turbo "ecoboost" engine which makes 325 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque. The all-wheel sedan's powerplant is mated to smooth shifting new six speed automatic transmission.

From the outside as I've said in other Fusion reviews, Ford has given this sedan a vaguely Aston-Martin look like it's going fast even when it's standing still. My Fusion came with low 19 inch premium painted steel alloy wheels which served to up its "street cred" quite a bit.

The interior offers a well appointed and comfortable environment for both driver and passengers. Back seat legroom is spacious. Our tester came with supportive heated gray leather seats and a comprehensive navigation and media system. The vehicle has a 12-speaker Sony sound system which you will like.

In normal city driving you pretty much have a very competent sporty ride on your hands. My Fusion had a lot of get up and go for merging onto freeways and highway passing. My tester cornered solidly with a minimum of body roll. I clocked my tester in the 0-60 at just under 6 seconds -- not too bad for the vehicle's size and weight.

The MSRP on the Fusion Sport starts around $34,000 and can go to $40,000 depending on what you put on it.

Mileage on the Fusion Sport was was just ok -- about 20 mpg in the city while a better 32 mpg out on the highway.

Final thought: The 2017 Ford Fusion Sport is a well-made, good looking sports sedan to drive that will deliver on many of your family's transportation needs.

Read more on The Californian.

Just a note I got from Ford. The 2017 Ford Fusion Sport trim includes an exclusive feature - computer controlled "active suspension" or "pothole mitigation". On demo drives, Ford rep's put ping pong balls in a pothole, then drive over at speed. The wheel somehow DOES NOT go into the pothole and smash the balls. Impressive. There are videos about.

Just a note I got from Ford. The 2017 Ford Fusion Sport trim includes an exclusive feature - computer controlled "active suspension" or "pothole mitigation". On demo drives, Ford rep's put ping pong balls in a pothole, then drive over at speed. The wheel somehow DOES NOT go into the pothole and smash the balls. Impressive. There are videos about.
Yeah I've seen that video too. Its amazing to see some brilliant innovations from Ford.