City
Hohenwald
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Fusion titanium
When I try to activate the high same they won't stay on. What could cause this?

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
If you set the switch to "auto" and there is enough light to keep the headlamps off, the "pull on" Fog function will also tend to override the Highbeam - so check the switch function and at the fuse block.

The fuses to the lamps may be good, but the "auto" (dusk to dawn illumination) might interfere if it's fuse is blown.

So if your "flash to pass" feature works and you see the 1648410199127.png symbol flash on, and if you hold (pull) the lever, that light stays on and YOU DON'T hear a BEEP Tone - then the system is ok, you just may need to check the fuse box and light switch to make sure the Auto is not on during daylight which cancels the feature - also the Wipers, if you have rear window wiper - check to make sure it is not still on in intermittent mode (when parked - press down the brake and look in rear view mirror - see if placing the transmission in REVERSE) - if the wiper starts "wiping" - your Flash to pass works, but the high-beams won't go on because of an overriding issue with the Auto / Light switch / Frt-Fog on / Wipers because the thing thinks it's raining so it won't blind other drivers.

You may also have "Auto Dimming" which is a feature you'll have to find in your console (Message center) menu using the MENU>Vehicle Settings> Or Lighting> and try to locate and turn off an Auto Dimming function. ...

The Beep tone - when you hear it, may indicate a blown fuse or their truly is an issue with the High beam function - for the beep indicates a failed or no ignition (engine running) scenario meaning the power is not there to hold the lamps on.