Serpentine belt rattle

I have an 08 fusion with a 2010 fusion 4 banger engine in it. When I swap the engine I have an belt rattle when its idling. But when I press the throttle the rattle stop. What could be the rattle problem. I switch tensioners twice no,change.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
So changing out #5 on the diagram will make the clacking/rattle noise go away? Its on the when the car is idling at a complete stop. But soon as I press the gas it goes away. I can see the belt jumping right by the belt tensioner as it passed the tensioner and could also see the tensioner itself vibrating when the car is running.

FusionFan

The only way to really find out is to replace the parts, idler pulley do go bad because the ball bearings inside wear down. Plus the part is really cheap.

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
I've been seeing only it could be the belt itself. Get a smaller belt made for the 08 and should correct the rattle

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
What size belt do I need? I just brought the 4060882 its a lil bit to short and I brought the 4060868 and it was shorter than the 4060882. I do have the 2.5l engine out the 2010 fusion in my 08 fusion. The original engine is 2.3l

OP
D
Thread Starter #11
But I did buy a larger idler pulley it quiet it down when I put in gear but when I turn the a.c. on the rattle comes back.

OP
D
Thread Starter #13
I tried two different size sizes they claim fit my car. I tried one for 2010 fusion 2.5l engine (which I have in the car now) and tried another belt for the 08 fusion 2.3l engine. I did swap my 08 2.3l engine to a 2010 2.5l. Got a belt that fits but still rattles

FusionMike

Try tightening the belt tension a bit more. I wondering if it could be the compressor that's making the noise and not the belt.

I tried two different size sizes they claim fit my car. I tried one for 2010 fusion 2.5l engine (which I have in the car now) and tried another belt for the 08 fusion 2.3l engine. I did swap my 08 2.3l engine to a 2010 2.5l. Got a belt that fits but still rattles