New member Scott from SD

tncnty

I purchased a nice 2006 Fusion SEL 3.0, I need help to track a problem but not sure if this is the place to do it. The air bag light in the instrument panel is on. I took to Ford dealer and after several days they said it is the rails under the passenger seat that are bad and they wanted $500 each to replace them. I bought a seat out of another Fusion but when I installed those rails the light still stays on.

Check the plugs on both seats to make sure its secure.

Use this video as a reference in case you don't know where its at, skip to about 3:11
[video=youtube;AGYeSfWPVu8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGYeSfWPVu8[/video]

OP
T

tncnty

Thread Starter #3
I have taken the plugs out, replugged, then put in different rails (but I didn't attach the newer rails to seat. just laid under seat). Thought maybe changing the small wiring harness under seat from 2nd seat. Does anyone know if there is way to have (or do) rails tested? They are Takatas. I have a hard time believing that both rails from 2 different seats are all bad. I have taken both seats out to have a new vinyl panel on the sides of the seat bottoms, so all the plug ins have been apart and back together.