2006 Ford Fusion SE 2.3L

valbalos

Hello,

My name is Vince and I am from Hawaii. I currently drive a Black 2006 Ford Fusion. I wanted to see if anyone can direct me to a forum to discuss an issue with my Fusion and how to repair the issue. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Vince

FusionFan

There is a loud tapping noise coming from the intake manifold and idles rough.
Is the check engine light on and how long have you owned the car? Couple of things you should probably look at. 1) Fuel Injectors, 2) Spark Plugs, 3) Ignition Coils, 4) Fuel Filter

OP
V

valbalos

Thread Starter #5
Is the check engine light on and how long have you owned the car? Couple of things you should probably look at. 1) Fuel Injectors, 2) Spark Plugs, 3) Ignition Coils, 4) Fuel Filter
Check engine light is on. We bought the car in 2012. I changed the plugs. Do you think the loud tapping are the rods? I will check fuel filter. How do I check the injectors and ignition could?

FusionMike

What check engine code did you get? You should go have it read before you starting replacing parts that don't need replacing.

OP
V

valbalos

Thread Starter #7
What check engine code did you get? You should go have it read before you starting replacing parts that don't need replacing.
Did not do a scan yet, and the spark plugs were recently changed last week before the issues ocurred.

FusionMike

Did not do a scan yet, and the spark plugs were recently changed last week before the issues ocurred.
Have Autozone or an autopart store see if they can scan your car. Did you check to see if you didnt arrange the coils in the wrong order?

FusionMike

Codes: P0352, P0353, P0354 are all related to the coils. I would suggest looking at the coils again. The culprit might be that you didn't seat the ignition coils back in properly or perhaps you may have broken the wiring connectors when you replaced the plugs. Either way it's a cheap fix to replace all four ignition coils.

OP
V

valbalos

Thread Starter #12
Codes: P0352, P0353, P0354 are all related to the coils. I would suggest looking at the coils again. The culprit might be that you didn't seat the ignition coils back in properly or perhaps you may have broken the wiring connectors when you replaced the plugs. Either way it's a cheap fix to replace all four ignition coils.

Those coil packs are not cheap, they run about $95 a piece. Also there is a code for the Catalytic converter (P0420) does that mean I need to replace the Cat converter? What do the other codes mean?

FusionFan

If your car is idling rough it can throw other codes as well, but that doesn't mean you'll need to replace the cat. Have you checked the coils again to make sure nothing is loose or not connected?

OP
V

valbalos

Thread Starter #14
If your car is idling rough it can throw other codes as well, but that doesn't mean you'll need to replace the cat. Have you checked the coils again to make sure nothing is loose or not connected?
I checked coils for good connection. Do you think maybe one of the coils or all four may be faulty? Is there one code that can be repaired to eliminate the other codes? By the way, thank you for helping me out on this. I really love this car and hope I can continue to keep this car. I'm also looking at buying a 2010-2012 Fusion because I just love the body lines of this particular year(s), especially the front grill assembly.