Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Transmission Problems

DLove

City
Burlington
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta SEL
Hello, I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta SEL, that keeps on having the Transmission issues, the dealership here in NC, replaced the clutch twice and the problem still occurring, the shuddering, the putting, hard to accelerate when at a stop, the engine light was on for months. I have been going throughout agencies to help replace the whole Transmission and nothing yet. This is my only vehicle. Plus iam on disability.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The transmission in your car is not a traditional automatic transmission. It requires you to drive the car with a degree of certainty in how you apply the throttle and brake pedals. The car has a computer onboard that is trying to “learn “ your driving style. It is monitoring how and when you push the brakes and throttle to anticipate the next gear you will need to go forward or if you are coming to a stop, to go into a lower gear.
It is possible that you have become more nervous about the way it behaves and you have become even more tentative in how you drive the car. I am just guessing.
If you have had the dealership service department already perform the recall work and update on the transmission. You might want to ask them if they could have their transmission mechanic drive the car with you riding along. The mechanic should be able to demonstrate the technique of using a dual clutch transmission. Then you can get the confidence to operate it and have a better experience with much less shudder and jerking. If you are using a smartphone to view this site please show the service writer or service manager this response to your question. An updated DPS6 should be okay for you to drive IF you have been shown how to operate it.
Keep us updated here please!