Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Sep 2022 Fiesta spare wheel

fiestabob

City
Broxbourne
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2022 fiesta 125
Hi Everybody, I've just joined to see if any of you clever people can answer a question I've not been able to solve. I want to buy a space saver 175/65/14 spare wheel, (the size listed on the door plate}, but when I find one on ebay the ads that show compatibility say it won't fit. The tyre is the correct size, and they can be on either a 5.5 J 14 with 47.5 or 37.5 offset. So what size do I need? Any help much appreciated.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
From the spec chart, it suggests that the 125 is fitted with a 195/60R15 tire as base equipment. As long as you stay with the stated offset you should be fine with the smaller of the temporal wheels.
I have to ask “why” do you want a mini spare?
I consider a mini spare to be practical only if the owner lives in an urban or suburban area that has plenty of service garages scattered around.
People who are in rural areas are better off with a Full service 195/60 wheel and tire.
I never liked the tiny tire with the imposed maximum speed allowed imprinted on the sidewall

Attachments

OP
F

fiestabob

City
Broxbourne
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2022 fiesta 125
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. The car was supplied new with 6.5 J 16 inch alloys and 195/55/R16 tyres fitted. I think that size spare would raise the boot floor (if it would go in). We live in a town, not rural, but having just wrecked a tyre in a huge water filled pothole (thanks Hertfordshire Council), I thought a spare would be a good idea. From your chart it looks like the offset should be 47.5, so now I should be able to get one.