Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Leaking oil

Nathan

City
Port Elizabeth
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 1.6 2005 model
Hi guys can anyone maybe advise me where this oil might be coming from my Ford Fiesta 1.6 (2005 model ),thanx in advance

Attachments

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Given the vehicle age, I would start looking for some weeping around the base of the camshaft cover. You might want to have a look from underneath the car to see if the oil is also wetting the side of the engine block there also.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The Filter is Champion - as I do my research, Champion Filters - - well - er, it may not be the right one!?

Here's why...

1696631884049.png
Note ths size - pretty much will fit there but note the Thread size...

Now, Wix also offers a fitler 51516XP - which is similar except for Thread size...
1696632117237.png
But since you do not have the oil cooler - this filter would BARELY fit - the height of it makes it's pretty close to the radiators fan.

But this one a Purolator would fit the Champion Footprint and outline...but there - again - is a catch

1696632435940.png

Again - thread size. Uses SAE versus Metric.

So that's why I bring it up - your leaks may be from a front engine oil seal - or the filters own threads getting into this mess.

So you know, I am working with Ford Fiesta 2005 - 1.6L per your profile.