Wasilla
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Ford Fusion S
Hello fellow Fusioners.

So I've made a few modifications to the fusion. However the cornering is still pretty squishy. Currently waiting on the next set of rubbers for the car. Went with firehawk Indy 500s. Aside from those, the rear sway bar upgrade, and the strut brace, im still looking to improve on the overall ride of the vehicle. I was wondering if anyone has swapped out the stock suspension for something a bit stiffer. I don't mind having a pretty stiff drive, i definitely do prefer to feel the road, bumps and all. It doesn't bother me. I've done quite a good bit of searching and honestly cant find anything other then KYB Excel-Gs. I know that these will be better then the existing ones no matter what, but if im going to do the suspension id really prefer something better. Please let me know if you know of any other styles or brands that offer something for my ride.

OP
S

Shint

City
Wasilla
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Ford Fusion S
Thread Starter #2
Update: I got the Firehawk indy 500s put on the car. Pretty noticeable difference with the cornering, driving and turns. However. Still quite a bit of front end dive when coming into turns at a... Higher speed. Still searching for a cross reference on the suspension components. I'm really hoping that the suspension, if oem replacement, makes a decent difference. Really not wanting to do stock suspension but if its the only option then its the only option.

OP
S

Shint

City
Wasilla
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Ford Fusion S
Thread Starter #3
Another update: discovered front driver side sway bar link was completly failed. Swapped them out for new OEM ones. At the same time. Also installed the Steeda brand lowering springs. Fronts are KYBs and rears are Bilsteins. Major difference in cornering, ride quality, road feel but best of all, the car still has a slight bit of a comfort drive to it.

Downside: Didnt realise id scrape so much with the combination of the "smaller" tire and with the lowering springs. So if you are in any kind of terranious area, like alaska. These potholes and frost heaves are major game changer.

Downside: Besides the world of difference this car now has with the suspenion. You do have to order new/fatter Coil spring caps. I ordered the ones they offer on steeda. Will post an update once again when i install them... Vehicle on "impact" from bumps, heaves and even just normal highway bumps, will make loud/violent "THUNK" coming from the coils forcing up with the slack that they do have.