Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta mk4

Adrian112

City
Suceava
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
What I Drive
Ford
Hello everyone.I m having a bit of an issue and hopefully somebody can help me on this forum.My dad has an old fiesta ,1997, 1.25cc,75 hp.Short story,engine died, found a working engine, swapped it ,idle is ok but when you drive it ,it doesn't pull as it should.max speed now is 60 mph ,old one was around 100 mph.old engine code was dhc,new one is dha.could it be the ecu as I didn't had an ecu from the new dha?all yhese zetec engines are 1.25cc,75 hp.thanks in advance

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Did the new motor come with a transaxle? (Different output gearing change possibly making this seem worthless)

Were you able to swap sensors to transfer as many as you could to the new (DHA) motor?

To just drop in another motor this "new" one could have a failed advance system so it cannot acheive the 100MPH or 160kmH.

It's why I asked about the sensors - the different motor you got may have come with issues you didn't or can't fix unless the sensors from the motor you could have got 160kmH with - were swapped into the other motor or the motor is verified to be able to tolerate the ECM profile - which it doesn't sound like it wants to.