Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2019 Fiesta Se Radio and Speaker Upgrade

Vegas

City
las vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta Se
Can anyone please advise me of my options? The factory door speakers are a joke. I have a System out of my truck i can install but have some questions.
1. How much Amperage can i pull from the stock battery and alternator?
2. Will aftermarket 6.5 speakers be a direct fit front and rear?
3. Are there any aftermarket head unit options that will work with factory steering wheel controls and reverse camera?
My current available equipment to use is.
4 MTX 6.5 4 OHM coax door speakers
2 Bazooka 8 inch dual voice coil subs
1 Kicker CXA 800.1 sub amp
1 Kicker CXA 660.5 door speaker amp.
Thank you for any info!

OP
Vegas

Vegas

City
las vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta Se
Thread Starter #2
Well after some research i found i will need a audio control LC7I 6 channel converter to keep the stock head unit and run a multi channel amp. I will not be running the kicker amps as the amperage draw is massive and i doubt the lawn mower battery in these cars will able to sustain the draw and i do not want to kill the alternator. I am currently looking for a factory service manual to determine pin out locations. Since no one has responded to this post ill try to document my install as it goes along.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
ill try to document my install as it goes along.
This is new territory for many - even me.

Although new radio installs from older year car are a simple swap with a DIN or Double-DIN unit, the Ford front piece console panel can be made a double DIN size, but you need to redo a lot of the keyboard.

And as far as personal feedback I've gotten from "sit down and talk" moments locally - the overall effort has been - and I'm sorry to say this but it's true...

• Much of the entertainment used in todays vehicles is for just that, entertainment - and all it's distractions.
  • So no, we cannot install this Pioneer 100W quad because the support parts and harnesses we once had from our suppliers for it, is now gone. They went out of business.
Now, this doesn't mean it's over, or it cannot be done, it is that not many will want the older radio from Dad's Fairmont in there. As well as the extra expense of finding methods to make the new work with the older.

So unless you have a dashboard that can handle DIN from older days in fit, format and outline, the newer dashboards are so "wired up" for PC and WiFi that it makes more of a challenge to "dumb down" the car so you can enjoy the better sound reproduction and effort of entertainment than the DVD streaming apps and Satellite that everyone else wants these days.

I guess it provides some comfort to know that when you're stuck in a traffic jam on a hot 110 degree day, or in a snowbank in Fargo when it's -22 outside, you can at least catch up on the Latest from Americas' Got Talent and Newsfeeds from Google.

So yes, were interested!

OP
Vegas

Vegas

City
las vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta Se
Thread Starter #4
This is new territory for many - even me.

Although new radio installs from older year car are a simple swap with a DIN or Double-DIN unit, the Ford front piece console panel can be made a double DIN size, but you need to redo a lot of the keyboard.

And as far as personal feedback I've gotten from "sit down and talk" moments locally - the overall effort has been - and I'm sorry to say this but it's true...

• Much of the entertainment used in todays vehicles is for just that, entertainment - and all it's distractions.
  • So no, we cannot install this Pioneer 100W quad because the support parts and harnesses we once had from our suppliers for it, is now gone. They went out of business.
Now, this doesn't mean it's over, or it cannot be done, it is that not many will want the older radio from Dad's Fairmont in there. As well as the extra expense of finding methods to make the new work with the older.

So unless you have a dashboard that can handle DIN from older days in fit, format and outline, the newer dashboards are so "wired up" for PC and WiFi that it makes more of a challenge to "dumb down" the car so you can enjoy the better sound reproduction and effort of entertainment than the DVD streaming apps and Satellite that everyone else wants these days.

I guess it provides some comfort to know that when you're stuck in a traffic jam on a hot 110 degree day, or in a snowbank in Fargo when it's -22 outside, you can at least catch up on the Latest from Americas' Got Talent and Newsfeeds from Google.

So yes, were interested!

I hear you Andy i used to setup some pretty decent systems back in the day but these new cars are a mystery to me with all the separate modules and screens im trying to determine the pos/neg leads coming from the dash. Any idea where can i obtain a factory service manual with wiring schematics?

City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta
If your fiesta is like mine, we are kind of over a barrel with audio upgrades as there isnt a way to turn traction control on and off without the stock head unit (after markets dont have the ability to intergrate these functions as they use proprietary software to do it. (granted you could likely just always on it from ForScan).

Ive been missing my aftermarket headunit in my 2009 Focus that allowed me to use android auto without plugging it in.