City
Louisville
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fusion SE
Hi everyone, my name is Ken. I've never did the forum thing, I am at my wits end using Google and you tube. it's really hard to give a description to the sites. So I'm hoping someone out there can help.
OK, My wife's 2015 Fusion has been maintained very well. Now to the issue, one night she was driving probably around 10 miles, when the car lost power information came up as check owner's manual, wrench came on. once she came to a stop the engine was running but real rough. Would let it set for 10 to 15 minutes it would start right up and she could get another five mile until it would happen again. I've changed out the cylinder temp sensor. I seen on a you tube video that the engine has a fail safe in shutting down to prevent engine damage. put my reader on it and it threw a P2111. I cleaned the throttle body, re calibrated the body. check engine went thought I had Concord the problem. NOT has any one else had this problem.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
I'll ask this first...

Does the condition still occur?

I'd also have someone inspect the radiator, serpentine belt and the coolant tank, make sure nothing is wrong.

When it "sputters" like that usually from a failure, as in a major failure. Could be wiring or something going thru the radiator and AC - .If not that, you replaced a temperature sensor. Not sure why you had to do that - but in doing so, might have upset the wiring, you may have forgotten to put something back on and it upset the system to throw that code - there may be more - later on. (I'm referring to codes it can show.)

The main premise here, is by your description of symptoms nd what you've had to do. This may also indicate a problem with powering a system - like the water pump - to keep the engine coolant flowing.

IF the pump is bad, you know what you need to do. If the belt came off - make sure all the pulleys are using it and the belt is threaded thru to make them turn - correctly.
1693308226004.png

Last edited:
City
EAST BERLIN
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 FORD EDGE ST
Take it to a Ford dealer and have a diagnostic ran, or master mechanic look at it.