Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

New to Us 2014 Fiesta -Is there Warranty on the Characteristic Transmission Shuddering?

tekfranz

City
Stevens
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Fiesta
Warranty or Recalls?

Our family is the second owner of a 2014 Ford Fiesta with 65K miles.
We noticed the shuddering and rattle on shifting at low speeds. As far as we can tell there is nothing out of the ordinary given the Dial Clutch Power Shift transmission.

It seems like many owners had major. Issues and sold their Fiestas back to Ford or went about getting Cutch Packs replaced or Software updated.

I saw that Ford extended the warranty to 7 year / 100,000 miles recently.

What are the chances as second owner I could still get the clutches replaced or software updated under warranty?
How much do new clutch packs cost if paid out of pocket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Slim to none, I'm sorry to say. I can't say what it would cost to replace/reprogram parts, but it certainly wouldn't be cheap. Dealers will tell you there's nothing wrong with it and to buzz off.
I think the key to longevity is to remember it's a dual clutch. Shift it with throttle input, and don't expect it to act like it has a torque converter.
Change the fluid with good synthetic, too. Can't hurt.

OP
T

tekfranz

City
Stevens
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Slim to none, I'm sorry to say. I can't say what it would cost to replace/reprogram parts, but it certainly wouldn't be cheap. Dealers will tell you there's nothing wrong with it and to buzz off.
I think the key to longevity is to remember it's a dual clutch. Shift it with throttle input, and don't expect it to act like it has a torque converter.
Change the fluid with good synthetic, too. Can't hurt.
Thanks! We will definitely keep a tranny flush with synthetic in mind and shifting with throttle. It’s feels very much like a manual, but it meets our needs for the moment.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Thanks! We will definitely keep a tranny flush with synthetic in mind and shifting with throttle. It feels very much like a manual, but it meets our needs for the moment.

That's the key. It IS much like a manual. Americans had lots of problems with these transmissions, while in the rest of the world, where everybody knows how to drive a stick, they didn't have those problems.