Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta 2014 Recall TCM

Nik

City
Erlanger
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Fiesta
I have a Ford Fiesta 2014 with 65000. Its a well taken care of car.

Today I took the car in to the dealership for a recall to do with my TCM at 8am
The car was driving fine and was checked at my local car shop a few weeks ago. At 4pm i received a call about my car. They did the TCM preprogramming but my car now has some major clutch issues. My clutch is now broken. The car cant change gears. I go to the dealership for my car to find out what is going on. I told to check out car forums by the service provided to understand better. When I go to my car the check engine light is on. It wasn't on when I left the car. So I go back in to get the code read. The guy comes out to read it. He plugs the reader and suddenly my check engine light disappears and there is no code to be read. I start my car up and to my shock its not the car i left at the dealership. Its undrivable. It hops and wont go over 20 mph.
The guy tells me this is a super common problem. That in 8 hours my car can fall apart while at the dealership.
So as he told me to go on forum for help. Here I am. What advice can you give!
Thanks

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
This may relate back to loose battery cables and or cables to the TCM.

If they claim the battery was fine, they left it connected, then go into the OBD and request the I/M monitors - any of them showing Not Ready? Suspect the emissions in that subsystem are affected by this change - or the upgrade was not successful - or they bumped a sensor that the TCM, in conjunction with the PCM - needs to work with to find the correct shift points. Because for it not to shift above 20MPH - then the issues of TCM not communicating with PCM is certainly evident.

You'd see that in either "Pending DTC's" or in the I/M monitors.

Then the old Clutch you have in there, and the PCM/TCM training - is not taking place correctly.

What kind of "patch" did they do? Ford F150 or for the Fiesta of the proper Engine code?