Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Wiring loom harness 1.4 TDCI 09 reg

Dorrsey

City
Worcester
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford fiesta
Hello, I have a miss firing issue with my fiesta, after lots of research and advise, I was told it could be a wiring loom issue, so I sourced a 2nd hand harness
and replaced it. Now the car is completely dead and won’t start, I’ve have gone back through my work, and everything seems ok, I have checked the battery and it’s fine. Could anyone help me with this issue would be much appreciated. Cheers :)

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
IF this might help...
1702859535571.png

Read this Thread...
https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/whistle-and-cough-after-servicing.8939/post-24411

Now if you have replaced the WIRING HARNESS as in the whole kit and kaboodle - that is a different problem and would not necessarily cause misfiring. IF you can re-install the old loom you took out - if it's still intact and not cut up or broken - the issues of a "misfire" can be from other sources - like bad wires, plugs or even the connector to the Coil bank shown above.

When you take on another wire loom, the accessories, the various connectors - everything in it, sat in another vehicle for it's lifetime - different trim models also change the wiring harness too - adding or taking away wires from the loom adding to this problem. Also the age of the loom and the connections in it sat too - so it may have developed a "memory" and now those wires - or connectors can't make the connections to this engine the way the other one it rested in - did. So you may have several conditions happening here.

OP
D

Dorrsey

City
Worcester
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Thankyou for your response, much appreciated.