Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Trip computer reset 2006

WilliamSB

City
Leatherhead
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford fiesta 2006 1.2 Freedom
I have a Mk 5 Fiesta 1.2 Freedom

My trip computer shows how many miles in tank and current mpg and total miles like one in photo but in miles

But I can't seem to be able to reset it when I fill up to give me new reading from that moment on

Can anyone help please on procedure to rest Screenshot_20231106-150152_Chrome.jpg

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Firstly - is it an "S" model? SE? Freedom is a Model, yes, but the Trim line is what I think you may need to tell.

Why?

The Fiesta "Base models" were like the "S" series - and could not do much to Trips and resetting any calculation subjects in the display. I find little info to help me determine what options the trim line "Freedom" is - we are in the USA - so since you are in Europe, we are working with what we know.

So what I'm curious about is do you have a push-button on the turn signal paddle?

I see you also have a push button on the Instrument console - so it too should also let you reset.

1699325052032.png

So you simply press the button to make the display change - the line that changes is the one the button can change by resetting - you hold it down (you press and keep it pressed) once you have the information on the line displayed - that is the ones you want to reset. Then release that button to let the system take over and do the calculations

The key has to be in - and the engine has to be running (at least the Key turned to ON (not just ACC - but ON)

Last edited: