Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Tmps light stays on

City
Aurora
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford fiesta s
My tmps light is on I put the fiesta into training mode and I tried the tool. that I bought and I did took the tool and put it near the the tire valve wal.l was in training mode press the transmit button on the tool and it does not reset the TPMS and the card then beats twice and goes out of training mode but the tire pressure light stays on does anybody know of a way of reset these to get this tire pressure light to go off without having to spend money to go to a. shop because I tried it with this tool and the tool does not work and I don't know what to do to get this light to go off. The tool I bought was el-50448

Sent from my moto g stylus (2023) using Tapatalk

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
The car isn't getting the message. There could be a lot of reasons for that. Maybe your tool needs a new battery. Maybe the car. Maybe it's something other than that.
What year and trim is it? Need more info.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Considering the year of the car, if the TPMS "Stems" has not been inspected or replaced - it's been in there for over 10 years. The Lithium battery it uses as well as it's age, can set off the "alarm" and refuse to clear the codes due to the "low battery condition" or the TPMS is seeing incorrect tire pressure that needs to be around 35psi.
  • It may not be low tire pressure that causes the alarm, but if the "stem" is damaged, then the system is in a fail-safe code that tells you something is wrong.

How I clear mine is to remove the valve core - let all the air out - reinstall the core then refill - each tire - while the engine runs. This action lets you inspect - smell and observe the air and condition the valve core is in.

If the valve core is rusted or has white powdery residue, air smells musty or rancid - the TPMS inside might have failed - or worse - the tire is full of water and the TPMS is simply shorted out and it's useless. So you see a constant light and the warn message because it can't call-out to the TPMS and or the TPMS can't call back correctly - it is simply "done" as in no signal or weak - low-battery signal caused by the water entry or it was damaged by debris or struck.