Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Replacing battery

City
Belfast
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta Mk6 Hatchback 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm encountering some trouble with my 2011 Ford Fiesta hatchback. After attempting to jump-start it without success and running a battery charger, a fault reading has appeared, indicating a potential battery issue.

As a first-time car owner, I'm considering replacing the battery myself. However, I'm unsure if this is too ambitious of a task. What essential information should I be aware of before proceeding?

I've been eyeing the Yuasa HSB063 Silver 12V Car Battery with a 5-year guarantee on Halfords.com, but I want to confirm if it's compatible with my vehicle before making a purchase.

Any advice or insights from experienced car owners would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Best to simply measure the battery you currently have in that battery box and just reference the fitment chart - it would have a cross reference size or type (a code of letters and numbers) like 49R or 36RS-AGM.

In our case of the Fiesta
The Battery case is...
1707529956422.png

Here, in the USA - the OEM battery in the Ford Fiesta is a Motorcraft with a case size of 96R - meaning that if you were looking at the Front of the Battery on a table - the Positive post would be on your Right. And has a good amperage capacity - at least it's capable of 590CCA.
1707447234164.png
Now in your country - that might be different. So it would be wise to verify this case size and style of terminals with a local dealer - just to be sure.

(In the Above notes...)
  • The OEM is a BXT-96R but note the CCA rating is 500.
  • With this in mind, the 96R factor is of the size of that case - and you can get batteries of higher or larger capacity ratings of up to 600CCA but needs to meet this sizing - so use discretion.
    • Why this?
    • Because the CCA rating can be "claimed" to be higher but you need to look at how or what conditions that number was attained as their claim - in the OEM - the CCA is "rated" at 32F or 0C - this value changes at temperature of the electrolyte changes.

Last edited: