Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Lime green Fiesta 2012

Lucky.Luke

City
Beringen
State
Non-US
Country
Belgium
What I Drive
2012 JA8
Hi guys!

My name is Lukas. I'm 21 years old and live in Belgium.
Got my first car today.
A 2012 ford fiesta in lime green with 115000km.
1200cc 65 horsepower.

I really love the green color.
It stands out.
Does anyone know if its possible to use bluetooth to play music? Because I can connect my phone with bluetooth to make calls etc, but I don't know how to play music with it.
I might be interested in upgrading the dashboard to some sort of carplay. Does anyone have experiences with installing them, or has anyone recommendations of gps/carplay kits?
Thanks in advance

Cheers everyone!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A715F met Tapatalk

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I'm green with envy over the 3 door hatchback! We never got that version of fiesta in America.
If you have the Sync audio unit you should be able to use an audio cable from your phone into the speaker system. You must go into the menu screen and select the input.
Make sure that you perform timely oil and filter changes and be very aware of the condition of the coolant reservoir and lines! They are much easier and cheaper to replace before they fail than after they fail. Welcome to the forum.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
As the others have already chimed in - Welcome!

Good to see someone from across the Great Pond.

The Bluetooth unit in it - you'll have to "sync" with it and just play your music thru the phone into the car's BT. It has a "mask" that ID's itself as your Fiesta. It should emit a "Mac address" as well, so if you can't find it by name, you should be able to see it by it's address.

So that means you'll have to find the Ford Audio System Menu button and select the BT enable - that turns on the BT unit so your phone can find and pair with it.

But if it does not have BT capability, you can use an AUX cord (Stereo 1/8" or 3-wire - or even 4-wire) and use the AUX-IN jack on the console and play the music from your phone thru it.

Even that you can also "stream" your phone thru an FM-tuning kit that uses the Aux patch cord and just coverts the line-in stereo music to the FM band and you'll just need to tune the unit in and the radio together so it plays. You use the Cigarette lighter to accomplish this - and it may even be able to "charge" your phone too.