Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Identify connector under airbox WQ 2006

City
Adelaide
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2006 WQ LX 2dr
Electrical wiring has come loose from connector under the airbox.

Appears to be 2 wires for some type of sensor?

Would like to know what this connector is for please.

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The "type" of connector - is hard to tell, not enough "Area" to see by to ID other spots by this line to identify where this line is in aspect to the intake and motor orientation - but there is a line it bolts to.

There are two routes of thinking...

IF the line routes to the front - towards the Radiator - then most likely it is for the AC condenser line and senses it's refrigerant pressure - so you may not have AC climate control due to those wires being off like that. (Comes from AC compressor)

If the line routes to the ENGINE - follow that line to see if it goes to (or close to) the intake throttle body (does it follow the airbox snorkel? Then onto a fuel rail line to the injectors?) Then it is a Fuel Pressure sender unit. (if that's the Fuel Line it's connected to - and it does use it to determine pressures it will crank but won't start the engine unless it knows there is fuel pressure)

The clues I have to work with are the Exhaust Heat shield "corrugated" appearance so this might be Fuel line sender.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Looks like an air conditioning pressure switch. Although it is not in the correct location for a American ford product.

OP
F
City
Adelaide
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2006 WQ LX 2dr
Thread Starter #4
appears to be the idle air control valve wiring