Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Can you some how put Sports mode on a Non S version of the fiesta?

Worx

City
San jose
State
Non-US
Country
Philippines
What I Drive
Mk7 fiesta
I have a 2012 Mk7 fiesta with the DCT i do not know which trim it is but it has the 1.6l engine and a DCT trans. Is there a way to put a sports mode on it like is it possible to swap components from the S version to a non S version? I just wanted the revs to hang more, rev higher and the down shifts can be somewhat controlled if possible.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello. Welcome to the forum. I have no clue regarding what part of the world you are in or what market your Fiesta was built to be sold in. So, i would hazard a guess that you might be able to get a reflash of some sort if you have a Fiesta intended for the European union.
Your fuel economy may suffer as a consequence of altering the transmission shift points.
I can recommend that you could get lighter wheels than the original equipment ones. No bigger than 15 inch/381mm diameter and 7.5 in/190.5 mm width with total mass no greater than 5.4 kg./ 12 pounds.
The Fiesta responds to light wheels!

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Not sure of this could apply, but the "Sport" in the DCS seems to have been a spinoff of a feature they put on the "S" or SE models as a means to Hold a gear during hills, downshifting and even accelleration - prevents the system from using Overdrive and it's "lockup" when the speeds are too low to make the lockup efficient. Which is their judgement - not mine.

Looks for this
1713317784449.png
The Car on a Hill light on the Dash lites up when that switch on the shifter is pressed.

That "holds" gears for both acceleration and deceleration.

Although mostly used for people on icy or slippery roads, does come in handy on wet pavement too in helping to slow down the car by keeping it in a gear versus the more "freewheeling" effect you get when you back off the throttle let the vehicle coast.

Give it a try - see if it does what you want the car to do.

Else the "S" and the transmission supplied with them, is somewhat limited in capability.

OP
W
City
San jose
State
Non-US
Country
Philippines
What I Drive
Mk7 fiesta
Thread Starter #4
Hello. Welcome to the forum. I have no clue regarding what part of the world you are in or what market your Fiesta was built to be sold in. So, i would hazard a guess that you might be able to get a reflash of some sort if you have a Fiesta intended for the European union.
Your fuel economy may suffer as a consequence of altering the transmission shift points.
I can recommend that you could get lighter wheels than the original equipment ones. No bigger than 15 inch/381mm diameter and 7.5 in/190.5 mm width with total mass no greater than 5.4 kg./ 12 pounds.
The Fiesta responds to light wheels!
Hi!,I’m from the Philippines basically Southeast Asia and I thought of reflashing already but the nearest tuning shop to me is quite far (need to ride a ferry then travel a dozen or so miles) just had a thought of maybe swapping components from an S variant because i saw some post in our local FB Marketplace of parted out Fiestas

OP
W
City
San jose
State
Non-US
Country
Philippines
What I Drive
Mk7 fiesta
Thread Starter #5
H
Not sure of this could apply, but the "Sport" in the DCS seems to have been a spinoff of a feature they put on the "S" or SE models as a means to Hold a gear during hills, downshifting and even accelleration - prevents the system from using Overdrive and it's "lockup" when the speeds are too low to make the lockup efficient. Which is their judgement - not mine.

Looks for this
The Car on a Hill light on the Dash lites up when that switch on the shifter is pressed.

That "holds" gears for both acceleration and deceleration.

Although mostly used for people on icy or slippery roads, does come in handy on wet pavement too in helping to slow down the car by keeping it in a gear versus the more "freewheeling" effect you get when you back off the throttle let the vehicle coast.

Give it a try - see if it does what you want the car to do.

Else the "S" and the transmission supplied with them, is somewhat limited in capability.
Hello!, thanks for the suggestion. Tried it and i guess its close to what i wanted. Also can you enlighten me on how the sports mode on the “S” does? I haven’t actually tested one and from what i saw from a few clips on YT it basically lets your car rev higher(?) before shifting.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The button is changed to more of a rocker switch to shift up and down the gearing when it's placed in "sports mode"

To be honest, it's just another way to screw up a good thing that they did in doing away with a lot of the lag and other transfer of power from the engine to the wheels - it can ruin a perfectly good running car because the owner forgot to shift at points or shifted at points the car was not really meant to be shifted into or out of.

As you may already know, you will also experience the transfer of power to speed in the newer transmissions by their using of a gearing ratio that is closer to a power curve and torque band of RPM the engine can develop for and become quite efficient at for emissions and the Fuel consumption - the DCT/DCS is simply a preview of this with fewer gears than that which is being sold now in latter models of other brands having more closer and matched gearing - they learned from Ford how to do it. Only they use a lot more gears.

You just have to be the trigger to shift up and down which can be quite tedious in stop and start traffic.

At least you might get tendonitis in your thumb by trying to keep up. [cheerleader][raceflag]

To me I've let the engine deal with the shifting - and if you glance around, many others are looking down too long to text than to make it they are driving a worthy contender to be working with the one with the trigger fingers to out-shift a computerized mess in some of these newer cars.

You never know which one may be Hybrid-ized too