Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Wheel Locking key - Missing? What to do

everson38

City
Birmingham
State
WV
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys

I have a ford fiesta mk7 2015 1.0 eco boost. I seemed to have misplaced my wheel locking (I no lol). I have never done this before what is the procedure in getting a new / replacement one?

Thanks any help appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hey guys

I have a ford fiesta mk7 2015 1.0 eco boost. I seemed to have misplaced my wheel locking (I no lol). I have never done this before what is the procedure in getting a new / replacement one? Hello. I would first contact your selling dealership. The service department can generally identify the key pattern from the master service set that they have for just such situations where the correct key is not in the vehicle. Or, you can go a cheaper route by selecting slightly undersized 1/2 inch drive socket, I would start at the 15 to 17 mm size. When you find the one that is suitable, take a 3 pound hammer and drive that socket onto the locking wheel nut. Don't drive it more than 10 mm on to the nut. Now attach a breaker bar to the socket and turn it off the stud.

Thanks any help appreciated

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello. Your selling dealership service department can remove the wheel nuts using their own selection of keys from the master wheel lock kit. They can then either replace the set or order the correct key. Or you can find a 1/2 inch drive socket (probably between 15 and 17 mm) that is slightly undersized and drive it on to the wheel nut with a 3 pound hammer. Then use a breaker bar to remove the lock nut. Drive the nut out of the socket with a drift pin and repeat the process. Replace the nuts. Drink a beer and allow the experience to burn itself into your cerebral cortex.