WHAT ABOUT 16 INCH WHEEL OVERSIZED TIRES???

City
xenia
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 ecospart
WHAT AS ANYONE INSTALL ON THE 16 INCH WHEEL??? IM LOOKING TO GO TO AN A/T TIRE BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW LARGE CAN DO??? I WOULD EVEN INSTALL LIFT KIT IF ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT ONE.

DeanJ

City
Silverton
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SES
I'm running a 215/65-16 General Grabber AT2 on mine. An 8" when needs a 1/4" spacer a the sway bar link scraped inside edge of wheel with 1.5" lift.

Attachments

Smandy

City
Calgary
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport
@DeanJ Would 215/65R16 fit without any other modifications? Or is a lift required?

DeanJ

City
Silverton
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SES
They were fine without the lift. Only had issues when I added a space on the front to fill the fender flares.

Smandy

City
Calgary
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport
Awesome, I’m planning on a 1 or 1.5 inch lift eventually, but I want to start with tires.

I love what you have done with yours. Fenders look awesome. How do you find the on-road handling after the mods?

DeanJ

City
Silverton
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SES
Starting with the SES helps, but it still handles really well. With these tires it's amazing in the snow. Ford is using them on some of the Rangers now.

emeljee

City
Baltimore
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Ecosport S
They were fine without the lift. Only had issues when I added a space on the front to fill the fender flares.
Love the aesthetic. Where’d you get the fender flares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeanJ

City
Silverton
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SES
Ebay... Just ordered another set. Didn't clean good enough before I put then on. A couple came part way off and got a little damage.

Calscot

City
Whitestown
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport ES
Hey Dean, nice car. How hard was the spacer lift to put in? I've done a couple, some much easier than others. Did you get the one on Ebay? Thanks for any info.

DeanJ

City
Silverton
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SES
Yes the ebay one. It wasn't too bad... The treat coils were a little tricky. If you get one, you need to get little exhaust couplers that fit snug into the rear spaces as they're not firm enough the stay in place.

Calscot

City
Whitestown
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport ES
I finally got my lift. Were you able to put the front spacers in without compressing the springs as in just dropping the assembly and adding the spacer? Not a lot of info out there as you know.

DeanJ

City
Silverton
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SES
I think I had to knock the side or off the top of the struts and use the longer bolts supplied. But no, didn't have to compress the springs.

DeanJ

City
Silverton
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ecosport SES
Knock the studs out of the tops of the struts... Stupid phone. Lol