Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MBRP adjustment?

So I got my MBRP exhaust installed a week or 2 ago. Absolutely LOVE it. Sounds incredible, pops and gurgles on downshift, sounds great.

Anywho, after driving for awhile (highway for 20 miles for example) if I pull up to a stop light I get an exhaust rattle at idle. Obviously I will need to adjust the exhaust to prevent this, however, I'm wondering what's the best plan of attack for this. One clamp at a time, all at once, front to back, back to front?

Anyone had any luck with this or can offer suggestions? It looks like my tips are tilted slightly as well, so I think the rear piece needs some adjustment as well.

Just looking for some input on how to resolve this. I'll be doing it on a garage floor and ramps so getting it done the first time would be great.

FistSt215

I would suggest cobb or any aftermarket urethane exhaust hangers . I had the same problem on my old speed 3 . It help a little but to fix it required cutting the hangers and re welding .

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
If pulling the pieces apart and realigning them doesn't work; then try to heat the hanger on the exhaust and have it bent a little to adjust the angle of it hanging

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
The MBRP came with new hangars that are pretty stiff compared to the stockers, I don't think it's a hangar concerns. Just need to position the tubes/clamps better. But I'm just wondering what's the best way to go about this adjustment/if anyone had any input.

Guess it's more trial and error than anything...

iso100

1000 Post Club
Did you bend over that hook that's on the top of the rear suspension right under where the exhaust sits? It's a step in the instructions.

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
I did not... I did see that hook, but never did anything with it. I will do that!

However, seems like the rattle is coming from right under the center console I'm thinking it's hitting the crossmember

Putting mine on this weekend. I kinda of wondered if it would have issues due to all those clamps. We'll see how it goes.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Pierce Motorsports and I are working on a mid-brace with better clearance.

Otherwise, remove your mid-mid-brace as that's what the exhaust is most likely hitting.