Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 ST Changes or Specs??

Ok So The Dealer calls me and informed me that apparently 15 mins after I left there that Ford has stopped taking orders for the 2015 model year! So my options are to either order a 2016 and wait an extra month or so or just find one with most of the options I wanted from somewhere else... My Question is has anyone heard of any changes at all being made to the 2016 model year? I will be pissed if I order a 2015 and in a couple months see a refreshed design for 2016 or something lol. If anyone knows anything please let me hear it!

fST

I'm wondering how much longer they're even going to make the FiST. I wouldn't doubt if 2016 or 2017 is the last year, like the SVT Focus. I don't think sales numbers have been all that high.

I wouldn't think there'd be anything drastic like a design refresh for 2016 but I'm hoping to see a couple of more options (mostly the projector headlights that everyone overseas gets or an upgraded sound system). I'm looking at getting a FiST as well and have been anxiously waiting to find out about 2016 models. Ford hasn't released any details about it at all yet.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
The only change I am aware of so far is that the 2016 FiST will get the new Sync/MFT operating system and there's also talk of rear view monitor included...I don't expect to see any major refresh until 2017 as suggested by Ford in past interviews...

me32

1000 Post Club
Having the back up camera would be sweet even the upgraded sound system found in the coupe st.

rexdriver85

The only change I am aware of so far is that the 2016 FiST will get the new Sync/MFT operating system and there's also talk of rear view monitor included...I don't expect to see any major refresh until 2017 as suggested by Ford in past interviews...
Wonder how the new MFT operating system will look and perform, and, if we will get updates for ours.

I want that dang apple sync in mine! lol
What is Apple sync? My iPhone works perfectly with MFT. lol

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'd wait an extra month for a 2016, if for nothing else than re-sale value. When your car has been driven 5 full years, it will be a 4 year old car, lol.

Ohh, I should be a very ashamed iPhone user, didn't even know about this. Now I want it. Especially since you'd then gain NAV for free basically.

Ford is listed. What gives?? Any insight Meagan? [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION]
Good call on tagging her!
Hi guys,

I don't have any info on the 2016 just yet, and Nav/iPhone actually falls under [MENTION=2474]FordIVTteam[/MENTION]'s scope. :)

Meagan

Hey everyone!

I can't give details yet but we are working with Apple to incorporate CarPlay in the future. Once all the information has been announced publicly, I'll be able to speak to it further. Stay tuned... ;)

Rebecca

rexdriver85

Hey everyone!

I can't give details yet but we are working with Apple to incorporate CarPlay in the future. Once all the information has been announced publicly, I'll be able to speak to it further. Stay tuned... ;)

Rebecca
Thanks Rebecca! Sounds promising. I hope we will be able to upgrade to it once it's announced. [emoji106][emoji106]

edmunds has info on it which includes some new supposed paint options and a rim upgrade with black rims and red calipers. no more PB and white is now a premium color. not sure how reliable this is but that's what I saw.

Hey everyone!

Rebecca
When Ford announced this system a few months ago they also stated there would be no upgrade path for owners of the current MFT system. Perhaps there is some hope after all.

Eager to see the new Kona Blue and Magnetic Metallic on the FiST. I like the black wheel option as well.