Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3 Chimes Everytime I Open the Door

I turned off the car and then realized the windows were still open so I pushed the start button, rolled up the windows, and pushed the start button again to turn it off. Next time I open the door and now every time after the car does the 3 chime sound 3 times. From what I can find it means key in ignition. For a keyless push button start car that does seem kinda funny. The car starts up and works fine. Just chimes at me now.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Do you keep your keys in the side door? I do and every time I fully open the door while car is on or power is on it chimes. With door open and key on the side the car thinks the key is outside the car

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Key stays in my pocket and I start the car sitting down in the seat with the door shut. I have pushed the button with the keys outside the car, but not since this started being consistent.

I rolled all of my windows down and it chimed 3 times when I got out and closed the door. Then when I opened it again it chimed 3 times. I've been sitting in it for about 10 minutes with it off and it just chimed 3 more times randomly. I have no clue. I rolled all the windows up let it sit for awhile and when I opened the door again it chimed 3 times. I don't know what's up with it.

koozy

3000 Post Club
No I don't have a tune if that is what you're asking.
yes, that's what I was asking. I've noticed odd chimes several times after flashing a tune. In order to get it to stop I'd just reflash the tune again. I suspect that perhaps resetting the ECU or BCM may help to stop it for those that don't have a flash tune installed.

Oh hmm that could be. My FiST is completely stock besides the Boomba BOV. I don't plan on getting a tune, at least until the warranty is up. I have bad luck with cars and stuff breaking lol. But I've never heard it do the chimes until just today right when I rolled all of the windows down and turned off the car so maybe that's what it was chiming for.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Mine is completely stock. The chimes just stopped after a couple days and I forgot all about it. Hasn't come back since I posted about it.

Oh hmm that could be. My FiST is completely stock besides the Boomba BOV. I don't plan on getting a tune, at least until the warranty is up. I have bad luck with cars and stuff breaking lol. But I've never heard it do the chimes until just today right when I rolled all of the windows down and turned off the car so maybe that's what it was chiming for.
Hey blakewillingham,

Have you had a chance to speak with your Ford Dealer about this?

Mine is completely stock. The chimes just stopped after a couple days and I forgot all about it. Hasn't come back since I posted about it.
Glad to read your issues have been resolved, Sil3nt611. Don't hesitate to reach out should it ever return.

Nick

I'm having this problem too. Got it in to check something in Sync so pressed the start button without the clutch to turn ignition on. Since then, when I open any door, I get the 3 chimes. Doesn't matter if the door was locked or unlocked prior to opening or which door it is. My FiST is a 2016, no tune, only a MAP intake, brand new car. The ignition button seems to be functioning as expected.

I'm going to try pulling the battery cable and seeing if that resets anything and it starts to act as it did before.

I'm having this problem too. Got it in to check something in Sync so pressed the start button without the clutch to turn ignition on. Since then, when I open any door, I get the 3 chimes. Doesn't matter if the door was locked or unlocked prior to opening or which door it is. My FiST is a 2016, no tune, only a MAP intake, brand new car. The ignition button seems to be functioning as expected.

I'm going to try pulling the battery cable and seeing if that resets anything and it starts to act as it did before.
Mine will randomly do it but not very often anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #15

Mine will consistently do it under those exact type of circumstances. Door open, press the button without the clutch pressed to turn the power on. Does the chimes for several days every time I open the door. Wait a couple days and it will go away on it's own until you turn on the power with the door open again. I don't know why it does it, but at least it goes away.

OP
S
Thread Starter #17
Pulling the negative battery cable for 30 seconds cleared it for me.
Never bothered me that much. Does the Sync system lose any settings that way? I'd rather hear a chime for several days than setup that stuff every time the chime started.

I've only had mine over a month but have had that dinging I think from the start. today I did the disconnect Battery for 30sec and so far it's gone. That was annoying to say the least.

Sean

I have a 2016 new FiST and I have this issue as well. It is very annoying. I don't know if it is related to the alarm, I have the KARR alarm system installed from the dealer and it is very sensitive. The car alarm goes off at least a few times per week when other people with really loud car exhaust drive by. Does nobody have a solution for this?