MyFord SYNC Updates

kombat

I bought a used 2014 Fusion that has MyFord SYNC. When I signed up at owner.ford.com I decided to check for software updates. It says my car is up to date, last updated in 2013 with v3.6. So I was thinking, "really? no updates in 4 years?" So I looked around the Internet and see there have been 3 updates since, currently at 3.10. Is Ford's site just wrong or are updates only for certain years and models? If I had a 2011 or something maybe, but you'd think a 2014 model would be able to get the update that was released in 2014. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

FusionFan

Congrats on the purchase. If you have a '14 you have Ford's outdated version for My Ford Touch with no further updates. Sadly Ford is only updating the new Sync 3 software.

I bought a used 2014 Fusion that has MyFord SYNC. When I signed up at owner.ford.com I decided to check for software updates. It says my car is up to date, last updated in 2013 with v3.6. So I was thinking, "really? no updates in 4 years?" So I looked around the Internet and see there have been 3 updates since, currently at 3.10. Is Ford's site just wrong or are updates only for certain years and models? If I had a 2011 or something maybe, but you'd think a 2014 model would be able to get the update that was released in 2014. Just wondering if I'm missing something.