Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2017 Ford Fiesta RS Rendered

Not bad. The rear spoiler should be different though, if they're following the FoRS' changes.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I think for the FiRS design to work it needs to be with a wide body kit. The Focus platform can pull off the RS look because its already wide whereas the FiST is too narrow.

meFiSTo

Hah. That's almost certainly NOT what a Fiesta RS would look like. What it actually would turn out to be, well, that's very hard to say. But to tell the truth, any hypothetical RS would be all about what's under the hood, the drive train, the suspension, brakes, etc. It can't be butt ugly (and this is kind of getting there with that front end). However, if this car actually happens and it has a modern AWD system, suitable engine, and a nicely mated chassis. OMG. People will put up with some unconventional looks and almost certainly will put up with a functional wing, because a tiny little flying brick (which is what this would be) will need some aero help at the limit. If it came with the kind of HP/TQ suggested and AWD, considering what Ford has been doing of late, I'd have to seriously consider swapping out my wagon for that little car. And I love my wagon.

lot of discussion about this car on other forums. i would love a fiesta RS.. if it had awd and around 300whp. thats my dream car. i have been considering buying a corvette but i just prefer smaller cars and awd. i have a WRX modified to run on e85 and a fiesta st.

my guess though, at least in the us that we will not see such a car. the focus RS is coming. us buyers want a bit of a bigger car and by the time a fiesta rs was priced, many buyers in the us will choose the focus rs instead.

another thing is there has been nothing but 'renderings' of a fiesta rs. for the focus RS though there have been mules running around for a while. there have been no fiesta-rs mules as far as i know.

it is very likely that when the focus rs becomes available, it will replace my wrx.

meFiSTo

Agreed as much as I would love it I don't see it happening.
Spoil sport. But, yeah, steep odds against this one. Although, some kind of car that Ford *calls* a Fiesta RS could pop out. It just would not be the car that so many enthusiasts would want to see. I have to say that I do love my Fiesta ST. And, at roughly 1300 lbs less than my wagon, it's a lot more nimble. Adding AWD to this car would not be an insignificant weight gain. The R32 was about 3500 lbs. True, that was a V6 (and it was a VW), but more drivetrain would surely add add 100s of lbs. Ah well. I'll make do with my quaife LSD and coilovers -- and call it a day. Heh. A good day.

MOFiST

To my eyes that's a pretty piss poor mock up. I mean it looks like an ST with a couple of exterior mods and a dual exhaust. And no more aggressive spoiler? If it does ever arrive it'd have to be 3dr. Surely. I'd love to see it. You never know. Fingers and toes crossed.
This pic a bit closer to what I'd hope it'd look like.

CanadianST

Even if it did come to NA i doubt I'd buy one unless they put out some crazy power. With the Focus RS making "over 318hp" i don't see the Fiesta making anywhere near 300 to keep the divide between models. A few articles i read speculated around 250hp and considering the power I'm making now (and hopefully soon will be with an upgraded turbo) it just doesn't make sense to upgrade , let alone the money I'd lose trading in even with 0% financing. Would have to be one hell of a deal before I'd even look at it.

MOFiST

If they made it with a FWD revoknuckle setup with real mechanical LSD and 250whp it'd be worthy of consideration. Even though the price in my country would be almost $45k. I can't see them bringing such a niche car to our sunny shores but I still hope they do. More cool cars please Ford. Do iiit!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The front looks better than the Focus, the rear a bit better as well, I agree, rear "wing" should be more like the RS and like a wing instead of spoiler. The fenders do need to be wider but not a huge amount, just round out the flat sides of the arches and 9-10 wide wheels could easily fit and look great:) AWD as long as the weight stays decently low enough which it should if they do the job carefully would be OK but not really needed to still make a very fast and fun car.

Edit: Yes, the Blue one is much better, not so much the fog light area but the rest is great:)

I agree, revoknuckle, real LSD, 1.8 liter 250 HP so easy to make it to 300WHP would make a perfect car out of it.

Not sure how many here have had modded AWD cars out on track but there is a limit to just how much fun they can take away by being simply to easy to go fast in. I found mine rather boring at times, I like something that takes a bit more skill to go all out in even if a bit slower, but still fast enough for real fun.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
To my eyes that's a pretty piss poor mock up. I mean it looks like an ST with a couple of exterior mods and a dual exhaust. And no more aggressive spoiler? If it does ever arrive it'd have to be 3dr. Surely. I'd love to see it. You never know. Fingers and toes crossed.
This pic a bit closer to what I'd hope it'd look like.
I agree...this looks much better!

If they made it with a FWD revoknuckle setup with real mechanical LSD and 250whp it'd be worthy of consideration. Even though the price in my country would be almost $45k. I can't see them bringing such a niche car to our sunny shores but I still hope they do. More cool cars please Ford. Do iiit!
To set it apart from the FoRS and keep the price "down" it would more likely be a FWD with LSD. Come to think of it, I don't know if a subcompact hatch (not a crossover) with AWD has ever been made.

meFiSTo

To set it apart from the FoRS and keep the price "down" it would more likely be a FWD with LSD. Come to think of it, I don't know if a subcompact hatch (not a crossover) with AWD has ever been made.
Well, there is the Audi S1, although we'll never see an S1 in the U.S.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-audi-s1-quattro-first-drive-review

It's a VERY nice, capable car. I love Audis, my wagon is a 2004 S4 Avant that rides on rails (although it feels more like an irrepressible locomotive engine at speed than a sports car).

I think a hypothetical (but unlikely), potent, and AWD Fiesta RS -- if done right -- would be a more much more engaging (although less plush) car.

The Golf R is also technically a subcompact, but is thought to compete with the Focus RS.

http://www.caranddriver.com/volkswagen/golf-r

Just saying, there are some examples of AWD in the subcompact range. At least, they are listed in that range (whether or not they'd be considered competitors of a Fiesta RS is another matter).

TheStig

Please let it be a 2 door if it comes to the US. Please, Please, Please !!!!!
You know it wont be, just like the Focus RS isnt, global car like this will be a 4 door hatchback. Making it a 2 door (3 door technically) will hamstring them with certain groups who want this car but need four doors.