Looking at '14 Fusions, questions.

Greetings...I'm currently a '08 Ford Escape owner that is looking at a '14 Ford Fusion SE.

The transmission in the Escape has slipped and it skips over 2nd gear with 90k miles- repair costs around $2300. I've decided to shop around for a new car instead of repairing.

I'm looking at the '14 Fusions and I'm intrigued, but curious with another Ford since the transmission has gone out and I need something that will last a couple of years. Fords are attractive for price because I can get an X plan supplier pricing discount.

How have the quality of Fords improved in the last 5-6 years? Also, I test drove a 2.0L Ecoboost Fusion SE and it was a great drive, but I've noticed I can save some money if I get a standard 2.5L engine. I haven't test drove a 2.5L yet, but was wondering how the Ecoboost and Non-Ecoboost engines compare in ride quality.

Thanks for your help!

I too am looking at a 2014. I own a fiesta which back in 2011 was a great buy and have had no problems with it. I'm also doing research on what the best model would be and what to avoid.

To your questions, I would avoid 2013s and stick to the 14 or 15. So far the only problems I've seen with the 2014 is a recall having to do with play in the seat recline and a recall on some electrical issue with side airbags.