Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fitting Bluetooth radio to non Bluetooth car

City
Bognor Regis
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta van 2011
Hi all,

I have just purchased a 2011 titanium fiesta van that has been fitted with the Sony radio by a previous owner. They have got the radio functions working okay, however I want to get the Bluetooth SYNC working. Has anyone any experience doing this, do I need to purchase extra components to allow the Bluetooth to work, or is it all self contained within the Sony radio and just needs wiring in?

Cheers all, Toby.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The pre sync 3 Fiesta's in America are ripe for an aftermarket din 1 faceplate kit to allow the Fiesta owner to upgrade/update the phone/nav/audio and rear view camera capabilities. Pioneer audio offers several models that offer everything sync 3 does plus integrated reversing cam capability. The screen is a large, capacitive type that is not unlike the appearance of the O.E. touchscreen in the new euro' Fiesta. Getting one of these floating screen interface type systems will require a cut and gut and major rework of the upper center of the instrument panel. This rework would most definitely include the lowering of the center air registers and ducting to make room for a 7 inch wide screen. The company that creates one of these would sell a lot of them, given the huge desire for and popularity of reverse camera/ Bluetooth and Navi.