Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta Metal ECU Swap

Markwa

What I Drive
Fiesta 2012 CL
Hi everyone. Just wondering if the ECU from the Metal special edition is a direct swap into the normal Fiesta. Both are the same engine and driveline specs other than a few minor things like slightly different airbox intake but the Metal version puts out a decent 10kw's more than the normal 2012 versions. I would say most of the extra power is the Tune in the ECU. (Australian 1.6 versions) Thanks.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hi everyone. Just wondering if the ECU from the Metal special edition is a direct swap into the normal Fiesta. Both are the same engine and driveline specs other than a few minor things like slightly different airbox intake but the Metal version puts out a decent 10kw's more than the normal 2012 versions. I would say most of the extra power is the Tune in the ECU. (Australian 1.6 versions) Th
anks.[/QUOTE.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
This site is primarily for the North American version of the Fiesta. Our basic 1.6 Fiesta is not favored with any performance reflash or piggy back ECU by the aftermarket tuner's. I have heard of the version of the Fiesta you speak of.But, I have never seen a discussion about it or a review of the performance benefits for it's owner. In many parts of America, the Fiesta in any guise is considered to be unusual or rare.