Detailing and Car Shows

The evening of May 9th, I prepped my car for two car shows for the weekend. I picked up The Chemical Guys BUF_209 detailing kit from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...99993441&sr=8-5&keywords=porter+cable+7424+xp

I used Croftgate's Aquanil to wash the car. Then I used Meguiar's Clay Kit. The next step I used my brand new Porter Cable 7424 DP DA polisher with the orange cutting pad to apply Croftgate's Step 1 Compound. Once the entire car was done I followed up with Croftgate's Step 2 Polish using the white polishing pad. Once that was completed, I followed up with Project X, Quick n Slick and then Last Detail. While at Saturday's show, I used Tire Shine on the tires and Quick n Slick on the wheels.

Unfortunately I don't have any before, during and after pictures as I finally finished the car at 4am LOL! All the hard work paid off at Saturday's UTI Torque Meet Show as my car was unexpectedly selected to win an award! Here's some pics:

That's CrofgateUSA!

The second car show of the weekend was the ChiTownMeets.com & BGV Motorsports Car Show/Meet Season Opener. Four of us "relatively local" Fusion owners met up and rolled in together. We did turn heads and people were taking pictures of our cars. We had a rather patriotic theme going with red, white and blue!

Thanks for viewing!