Clutch assembly: Mondeo vs. Fusion

1.6t_B6

So I've been watching lots of reviews on YouTube for the 2014-present Ford Mondeo, which I'm sure everybody on here knows is almost the same car as the US Fusion. An odd thing that's puzzled me when I see images of the clutch pedal assembly on manual-equipped Mondeos it looks to be all metal and of slightly different dimensions than the plastic-composite assembly the US cars got.

I'm sure this is a Ford nerd/employee level question to ask, but why the difference? I'd rather have the metal assembly; I've noticed the plastic will make just enough noise to be slightly annoying.

I know I'm splitting hairs here; I love my clutch feel to no end(in it's current state of only 19k miles of use that is) but it makes me wonder about long-term wear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the same with even the Focus and Fiestas. While for the most part they look similar on the outside, some of the interior bits are different. My wife has a Fiesta ST and the pedals along with steering wheel and a few interior parts are completely different from between the USDM and UK versions.

So I've been watching lots of reviews on YouTube for the 2014-present Ford Mondeo, which I'm sure everybody on here knows is almost the same car as the US Fusion. An odd thing that's puzzled me when I see images of the clutch pedal assembly on manual-equipped Mondeos it looks to be all metal and of slightly different dimensions than the plastic-composite assembly the US cars got.

I'm sure this is a Ford nerd/employee level question to ask, but why the difference? I'd rather have the metal assembly; I've noticed the plastic will make just enough noise to be slightly annoying.

I know I'm splitting hairs here; I love my clutch feel to no end(in it's current state of only 19k miles of use that is) but it makes me wonder about long-term wear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Want To Buy 1
D Ford Fusion First Generation 7