Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 Grand Marquise
Hello:

My daughter just moved away from home and called tonight that her 2007 Fusion turn signals went into 'hyperflash'. Owning many Fords I know this is a sign that the bulb is out, but what I don't understand is BOTH sides? She confirmed that both left and right rear turn signals do not flash. The dash warning for left says "Check Left Bulb" and the dash warning for right says "Check All Bulbs".

Sounds like a common ground issue to me? I hope it is not the dreaded SJB!

Anyhow, her being in a new town and me being away not sure how I am going to troubleshoot this issue, much less resolve it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Take care, and Happy New Year!

Bill

OP
B

billccm

City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 Grand Marquise
Thread Starter #2
Not sure there is anyone out there listening, but thought I'd update in case anyone ever searches for this same symptom.

ALL Bulbs in the stop circuit were bad, including the third high mounted light! I cleaned the sockets with DeOxIt, replaced the bulbs, and restored operation. Stop, hazard, and Turn Signals functioned, BUT the 'check left bulb' error came up whenever the Turn Signals were on.

So, I disconnected the battery, shorted negative cable to positive. Reconnected the battery and all is well now!

Good Luck and Take Care!

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Although this may be a "zombie thread" I'm giving it a bump up for good information!