air intake problem

randygig

hello im new here. i have a small problem, i have a fusion 2014 2.5L i4 engine. now i wanted to upgrade my air intake with a fee things i had in my garade (cold air, p-flow and turbo fans). when i had all of this installed the sensor for the air intake would make the engine die after a few seconds, and when i wouldnt install the sensore it would run fine, but the accel was very slow and the engine wouldnt go over 4k rpms (normal i know cuzz theres no sensor) my question is what do i need to do to be able to install my air intake system i want (p-flow and cold air) do i need a new computer chip to help out with the excess air comming in? or am i just being dumb and not seeing the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

randygig

Thread Starter #3
the sensor? no i dont think so, could that be my problem? the car just dies after 2 seconds, its like if its pulling too much air

OP
R

randygig

Thread Starter #4
on the other hand i did not instal any of the two small vent pipes i had on my old-stock air system, but i dont think thats a problem

the sensor? no i dont think so, could that be my problem? the car just dies after 2 seconds, its like if its pulling too much air

Yes that could be the problem since the MAF can only read the air in one direction. Try seeing if you can rotate that around.