Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

stock painted wheels yellowing already?

hi, first time poster long time lurker.

I had chance to hand wash my 2015 fiST last weekend and noticed by stockies are already starting to yellow. I have 7K miles on the car.

is this normal? I'm used to seeing it appear way after a couple years on my other cars. any one else experience it?

tried removing it to no avail. any tips to prevent more yellowing?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
How often do you clean the wheels? Both the Fiesta Movement ST and my 2015 ST get the wheels cleaned at least once a week. With my summer wheels, I actually clean them every other day during my lunch break. No staining with cleaning, and that is with white wheels.

Chances are you haven't cleaned them as frequently as would be preferred to keep the wheel from yellowing.
I had my stock wheels looking perfect the entire time I've had it, but then the winter hit. I can't clean during winter as my hands can't take that. after winter was over and I finally got to clean my wheels again, they showed signs of yellowing. I'm slowly getting the yellow off with some dedicated wheel cleaner and repeated cleaning.

rexdriver85

That's the effect of brake dust baking on over time. If you are still on stock brake pads, you need to clean your wheels very regularly as they are dust monsters. You also need to invest in some dedicated wheel cleaner now to get that to go away. www.autogeek.net is an awesome resource for the best detailing products on the market. Iron-X and also a clay bar will help to get that stuff off and restore the wheel back to how it looked when you first got the car. Good luck!

Ford Community Posts