2014 1.5l EcoBoost SE

I bought my 2014 from the dealer about 2 weeks ago, I love it! There is so much technology, I'm still learning something new about everyday that I drive it. My car has the MyFord Touch package with reverse camera (no navigation, poo!), with the A/V & SD inputs inside the armrest. I really like the whole center console setup, it provides great usable value for the available space.

Unfortunately, I have already had it back for service...250 miles into driving it, I had a VCT solenoid go out (manufacturer's defect), but the dealer replaced it pretty quickly once they diagnosed the issue (engine would crank and immediately shut off like it was being fuel starved). I'm not mad at them though, I got to drive around in a Platinum Escape in the mean time which was pretty sweet!

But here she is in her Tuxedo Black beauty:

I don't have any issues installing mods under factory warranty or extended warranty knowing that I'm installing high-quality aftermarket upgrades. I fully understand that if I have any issues with any of the mods I install, the warranty will not cover it and I'll have to deal with it myself. I do have the option of returning certain mods back to stock, like the cold air intake as an example. If need be, I can pull the Steeda cold air intake and re-install the OEM air intake and filter. And I can retune my car back to a factory tune.

Upgrades like my brakes, suspension and exhaust - that would require more work to bring those upgrades back to stock and there's really no point in doing so.

Appearance wise - at least tint the windows [biggrin]

OP
E
Thread Starter #6
Well, an unfortunate update - Ford has now had my car for over 3 weeks working on an engine replacement. I had a check engine light that prompted me to take the car in for service...they informed me that all but about a quart of my oil had leaked out of the car and I already had chunks of metal in my oil filter! My oil was last changed by a Ford dealer. The dealer that is servicing my car now told me that everything was tight and that they could not find the source of the leak. I hope this is not a common occurrence for this 1.5l engine.

FusionFan

Well, an unfortunate update - Ford has now had my car for over 3 weeks working on an engine replacement. I had a check engine light that prompted me to take the car in for service...they informed me that all but about a quart of my oil had leaked out of the car and I already had chunks of metal in my oil filter! My oil was last changed by a Ford dealer. The dealer that is servicing my car now told me that everything was tight and that they could not find the source of the leak. I hope this is not a common occurrence for this 1.5l engine.
Thats terrible and sorry to hear. I'm thinking it may be the something they overlooked during the last oil change. Was it bad enough for you to notice oil stains on your garage floor?

OP
E
Thread Starter #8
I never noticed any stains. The guard under the engine was actually able to soak up all of the oil that leaked out of the engine (must be some sort of fabric material) - a poor design in my opinion.

Sorry to hear!! Be sure to keep us posted.

I had an issue with my car leaking oil after an oil change at the dealer. Turned out the lube tech didn't tighten the oil filter all the way and I lost about a quart as well. They changed the oil again, free of charge. So far my engine has been good since.