Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

SYNC APIM Module Location

Gonz110

Premium Account
City
Lehigh Acres
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
The SYNC module on my 2017 Fiesta SE Hatchback doesn't work. I have tried resetting it to no avail. Typical symptoms I have seen from others with the same problem.
I would like to remove and replace it. However I don't know it's location in my car. If someone could help me with this I would appreciate it. Maybe a picture of it's location.
Thanks in advance.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
If you go to the Ford oem parts online website and search for "2017 ford fiesta sound system" the diagrams and description of the components will be there. The APiM is a very feature level and build date specific component.

20240414_084856.jpg

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Welcome!

Please review this thread - and know the APIM and the display are "one unit" - like buying a monitor and having them install an interface so the car can talk to it, and then display what it's talking about - to you.

https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/update-2014-will-not-start-please-help.9541/post-26897

Another one that deals with the SYNC unit version one - similar to mine is here...
https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/ford-fiesta-2013-sync-module-busted-what-can-i-do.9563/post-26985

The later versions of SYNC use a SEPARATE module under the Glovebox and hidden behind the kickpanel felt to protect it from interior scuffing and damages caused by occupants hitting or striking the unit - this also keeps heat off the unit so it fares better in hot weather and due to the climate control system vents by; it can be kept to interior temperatures and by location - provide a better working environment for it.

1713101602845.png
The top black box is your SYNC unit Right under the glovebox

The bottom one in bolted to the firewall; is your vehicles BCM.