Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Meet the F-bomb...

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Hello all. I purchased the "F-Bomb" back in August to use as my daily. I am no stranger to Ford but had switched largely to Mazda over the last 25 years.
FFintro1.jpg FFintro2.jpg
The car was purchased new and serviced at a Ford dealer I once worked for. Surprisingly, the car has had all the service work done top to bottom.
My son is also learning to drive and has been able to use this car to learn manual transmission.
I also drive a 2006 Mazdaspeed6, which after 17 years I have decided its time for a rebuild. So not only do I daily the Fbomb, but it will be my sole automobile while the toy car gets a refresh.
The F-Bomb gets to share the stable with these two...
ffintro3.jpg

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome to the forum. I’m just curious, and have to ask this! Being Mazda centric for over twenty years, did you try the Mazda 2? I would like to know what you thought of it.
I drove it many times and have my own impressions. I am interested to know what a long term Mazda customer has to say.

OP
SyntheticAtmosphere
City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
MZ2 was the other car on my list when I was shopping and almost ended up with a top line one, but it sold. The MZ2 handling is a bit tighter. It feels lighter on its feet, more nimble, but that always comes at a cost of ride quality. The Fiesta feels a bit more up scale. Its still quiet on the highway at 70mph...the MZ2, not so much. I never lined them up, but because pretty much all Mazdas have that X-factor bred in, I always find them more fun to drive.
I really would have preferred an ST...but who dosent. My purpose was to have a car to drive daily all year and spend less on fuel so that I could afford the insurance and premium fuel to drive my Mazdaspeed6 occasionally at the same time. Previously I drove it only in the summer months and wintered a 2006 Subaru Impreza. Now I am getting 37mpg average and saving a butt load of money!
I grew up on Mustangs and an F150s. But in 99 I bought a Mazda Protege 1.8L/5spd. The gearing in that transmission took full advantage of the 122hp coupled to the full independent suspension and I beat that car for 17yrs and put 357oookm/220ooomi. The list of factory installed parts on it was extensive...Rad, water pump, starter, CV shafts, clutch, timing belt naming a few, car never leaked a drop and never left me walking. Needless to say I called it quits when the fuel tank dropped and was being held up by the exhaust system. It owed me nothing and solidified my respect for Mazda vehicles.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Welcome! I think you will find this to be a great community and resource.

OP
SyntheticAtmosphere
City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #5
So far in my perusing Ive seen some members who are very knowledgeable. I hope I can help someone out from time to time too.
My aim with the F-Bomb is longevity, not performance as I do have another "love" for speed. However, I am a bit of a detailing geek, all the cars get the same treatment and of course maintenance is priority.

Im also on the cusp of building my dream garage. I would like to get shovels in the ground this spring. I will find somewhere to lay out the events in a thread for anyone interested.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hi again. And thanks for the Mazda 2 impressions! Several of the people that I spoke with that had a 2 were holding out hope that Mazda would release a Mazdaspeed 2 edition. But, I had spoken with a friend who worked for Mazda and he said that they felt that the car fulfilled its “role”in the market. And then he pointed out that the MX5 Mazdaspeed didn’t achieve the modest sales number that Mazda had set for it. So, I moved on to the next prospect.
We need someone who has detailing wisdom! I can do paint correction and refinishing. But, I am more of a “don’t get it dirty in the first place “ kind of person when it comes to interior care. So I don’t have much to offer anyone in that department.
So, welcome again! Post up some pics and talk about your goals. We are a small group of people who are not very judgmental. We all share an interest in creating our own database for tips, tricks and personalization on what has turned out to be the final affordable, basic car for the global market of Ford motor company. The future ahead is all $40 grand and up, hybrid or EV sport utility vehicles and trucks. If there has ever been a more stark difference in product choice, I have never seen it.

OP
SyntheticAtmosphere
City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #7
Mazda does a great job at teasing people. However the company is among the most nimble with economics and changes it mind regularly, I guess to survive.

Give me some time, I will see if I can bring some of the threads I made over on the forum for the MazdaSpeed. Why not share??!?

As for goals, I am trying to get a bit of rally vibe in the F-Bomb. I have rally mudguards installed and Im looking at a set of Hellas on Amazon. Trying to see in my minds eye fabricating a nice rally mount to attach them to. I live in the country and a set of lights would have some value with the deer and moose at 5am. Other than that its largely maintenance and upkeep.

OP
SyntheticAtmosphere
City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #9
Give me some time, I will see if I can bring some of the threads I made over on the forum for the MazdaSpeed. Why not share??!?
I have imported all of my GT General Tech threads, I have an AT Advanced Tech thread to import still...plus what ever I create going forward (y)

OP
SyntheticAtmosphere
City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #10
About a year ago I purchased the "F-bomb". It has served me well and reliably. I havent done much beyond service and a couple repairs, very respectable for a car with 200oook/125ooomi. Im not looking to offload it, however with my son about to need a car for co-op schooling and PT jobs I am adding to the stable againo_O
My brother no longer needs one of his pickups from his business. Coming down the line is a very nice condition 2014 F150 XL Supercab V6/4x4.
Its a work truck, so Rubber floor mat, AM/FM radio and A/C, Armstrong windows and locks. Im probably going to miss my cruise control most. Should make a good farm truck. At 323oook/200ooomi (highway) it drives like it has half the miles. At a cool $5k, I couldnt pass. Ive wanted a pickup again for years. I actually want my old one back, 86 F150 with a 300 I6 and NP435 4spd (with the bo-low)...but they dont make new old trucks anymore.
reduced.jpg