Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2016 Titanium HB 1.6L 111k miles HELP

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Well, if you didn't live so far away...I'd love to stop by and review what you're up against and either throw a good-bye party and throw dynamite at it to put it out of it's misery - or - "Gee - where does this wire go?" - moment and hook it up, start it, and the thing will run like it did before that wire (or whatever) caused this messy backup...

So to review, the oil change problem seems to be fixed, the Intake seems to be cleaned up. Spark plugs were goofy, but you're getting a fresh set - good idea - the jumping the battery moment though - has me wondering if the wiring from that red terminal is messed up or you may have a fuse blown - either in the Alternator/Starter post (about 250A) or the main post of 450A that goes to both that starter alternator post and the breakout buss that the EPAS, MAIN and 2 AUX work off of.

The part I'm talking about is under the Red Cap...

The Photo below is from my archives in the Gallery section. I've touched up the photo to add in the graphics to help you locate what I'm talking about...
1714443287766.png

You say you can't start the car, but if you get Dash lights - this terminal may have a blown fuse - just see if you can find 12V on that post shown above. If not, then presume you have a blown circuit in that battery terminal - and you just need to check for a blown fuse. Then just get to a Ford dealer or any auto parts store and see if you can locate a fuse to repair that thing.

To inspect that fuse - there is a plastic cover - just gently pry it off using a small blade screwdriver - it will reveal a fuse bolted to that section using two small hex-head screws - just unbolt it and remove it so inspect - if it is blown - replace it. But remember to clean off any corrosion - and install the new one and replace that plastic cover.

Last edited:
OP
Daveb40258
City
LOUISVILLE
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta Titanium Hatchback
Thread Starter #22
Well, if you didn't live so far away...I'd love to stop by and review what you're up against and either throw a good-bye party and throw dynamite at it to put it out of it's misery - or - "Gee - where does this wire go?" - moment and hook it up, start it, and the thing will run like it did before that wire (or whatever) caused this messy backup...

So to review, the oil change problem seems to be fixed, the Intake seems to be cleaned up. Spark plugs were goofy, but you're getting a fresh set - good idea - the jumping the battery moment though - has me wondering if the wiring from that red terminal is messed up or you may have a fuse blown - either in the Alternator/Starter post (about 250A) or the main post of 450A that goes to both that starter alternator post and the breakout buss that the EPAS, MAIN and 2 AUX work off of.

The part I'm talking about is under the Red Cap...

The Photo below is from my archives in the Gallery section. I've touched up the photo to add in the graphics to help you locate what I'm talking about...
View attachment 9224

You say you can't start the car, but if you get Dash lights - this terminal may have a blown fuse - just see if you can find 12V on that post shown above. If not, then presume you have a blown circuit in that battery terminal - and you just need to check for a blown fuse. Then just get to a Ford dealer or any auto parts store and see if you can locate a fuse to repair that thing.

To inspect that fuse - there is a plastic cover - just gently pry it off using a small blade screwdriver - it will reveal a fuse bolted to that section using two small hex-head screws - just unbolt it and remove it so inspect - if it is blown - replace it. But remember to clean off any corrosion - and install the new one and replace that plastic cover.
Ok a lil confused. I think you may have my thread confused with the "oil change" guy. My problem started with the passenger side mirror torn off and the battery drained that night and needed to jump start it the next morning.
The poor running ECT...started either that day or next.
Now, 3000 miles before the mirror incident I changed the oil but put 5w30 in it and used a cheap Fram oil filter.
The battery connections are fine and after cleaning the painted ground connection, I have continuity throughout.
I should have been more specific regarding the no start. She really really really tries to start. Sometimes it sounds like "yes she's gonna start" only for the battery to not have enough juice to keep going.
So, she has fuel, spark, and compression.
I value your advice and like I said I'm pretty good with auto repairs. It's the troubleshooting these newer cars that frustrates me. Especially when OBD says "unable to complete test related test either failed or was incomplete" paraphrasing. Would be nice to know which component it's talking about.
Just so I understand your previous reply about the J engine. Are you saying that when one of those sensors fail it could just default to CMP sensor (as an example since they are "the same" )?
Thanks for the fast reply
I really gotta get my baby going now,(and u may laugh), today the check engine light just tripped on the BMW 🤔🥺. I already know it needs a tune up I just can't wait to pay the BMW owner price for parts 😕.
Edit: regarding the old plugs. I cleaned them, re gapped them to . 030 and those are the ones in it right now. I'm putting my money on the battery and plugs.
As far as living too far... You do realize the Kentucky Derby is Saturday. Just saying.

Last edited: