Welcome to Ford Fusion Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Need to purchase a new Instrument Cluster and Reset mileage

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Transporting some metal stakes and a sudden stop embedded a metal tree stake in my instrument cluster barely missing me.

Nothing works on it now.

I've located one at a local junk yard and can get it installed but can anyone recommend a diagnostic tool or software that will let me adjust the odometer readout and calibrate the speedometer to tire size?

It's already out of warranty. About 2 weeks ago I had it serviced at 60,236 miles and was going to add a couple of thousand to that. Putting in the one I'm getting, IF it has memory, would show less than 30K according to the salvage place. I don't want issues down the line when I go to sell it.

2016 Ford Fusion Titanium

%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Glad you weren't injured, there are no tools that can enable you to edit the mileage. Did you verify if the speedometer is off by using an app on your phone?

%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Likes

Quote Originally Posted by FusionMike View Post
    Glad you weren't injured, there are no tools that can enable you to edit the mileage. Did you verify if the speedometer is off by using an app on your phone?
    There are OBD scanners and similar tools for many vehicles and most Ford product but none I have found for this particular model. Are you saying there is none for this model or under the belief there are no such tools?

The Instrument Cluster is totally dead. In replacing it a new one is going to come with NO miles on it and a used one will have the mileage of whatever car it came from on it.

It's a something easily done at/by a dealer but their charge for the replacement and reprogramming is over 3 times the cost of me replacing it.