Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

need help with my fiesta

jaraguz21

i just bought a fiesta last month and i was thinking of adding performance parts to it, its a 2014 se and i was wondering if i can turn it into an st since it has the same 1.6l that the st already comes with i just don't have the turbo...or if anyone has tips on what upgrades i should do to it please let me know so far i want to put a k&n cai and upgrade the suspension because its really stiff and annoying

this is my first ford car i want my experience to be a nice one ....i just sold my camaro

rooSTer

Premium Account
Welcome to the site and congrats. You're going to be a long way from turning a regular Fiesta into an ST in terms of performance. The 1.6 that comes with the ST has completely different internals which enables it to handle more power. I've owned both and I can tell you they are totally different in every which way.

You can probably turn it into an ST look-a-like in terms of body parts and suspension, sadly there's not much in terms of performance parts for the regular 1.6 other than your basic bolt-ons.

What rooSTer said is right. There aren't any serious power adders for the Fiesta aside from your standard boltons unless you want to go to nitrous.

OP
J

jaraguz21

Thread Starter #4
thanks guys ill just save up and trade it in for the st

Sent from my ST1009 using Tapatalk

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard, nothing wrong with the SE. Just mod what you can and enjoy it during the meantime.[raceflag]

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
If your stock Fiesta ride quality seems really stiff and annoying, you should test drive an ST version and compare. It is very stiff in the ST.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Even more a reason to get an ST then huh? Thought about doing this same thing, too. Forums are good after all.
No. In my opinion it is very harsh. I changed the shocks and struts to Koni sports. The stock spring rates are fine. But the shocks are just too harsh. a stock Fiesta ST simply crashes over expansion joints and road irregularities. The other way to get a smother ride quality is to get smaller diameter wheels and choose a taller tire. Neither choice is cheap. The Fiesta ST is a big departure from the basic Fiesta. The two cars are not similar in respect to the ride quality and cost of ownership, because they are aimed at different buyers.

Last edited: