Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Radio/Sync system randomly shuts off

Hey all,

I recently bought a used 2011 Fiesta SES that the owner took care of and maintained immaculately. There are no issues with anything in the car, and nothing seemed wrong when I took it out for a test drive.

However, in the past three or four days of owning it, I've noticed that sometimes the center display on the radio/audio system will be off when I start up the car (where normally it displays the time and date) and I cannot get the screen to turn on or any sound to come out of the system at all. The radio has not turned off in the middle of use (like I see is the case with some other people) and I don't hear any sort of crackling sound. Also, this issue typically tends to disappear if I let the car sit for an hour or so before driving it again.

I haven't yet taken it to a Ford service center or asked the previous owner if he had experienced the problem, but I was hoping that you guys knew a fix for this issue.

Thanks in advance!

State
MI
Country
United States
I had the same issue with my old SE. Turns out it was a bad front speaker that was causing the radio to go off.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
I was told by the previous owner that it is a heat issue. I have mostly been able to eliminate this issue by putting extra sun protection above the Sync unit and parking more in the shade.

Thing is, I also haven't been driving it the same way recently. Now, I usually just take it to work and let it sit for a few hours, whereas before I was taking it out to drive for a little bit, only letting it sit for an hour or so in between trips.

I'll give it a few days to see if it turns out to be a heat issue or if it seems to be something else.