Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Issue with sync

Mpete24

Hey all,

I'm new, but I've had my 2012 fiesta SE for about two years now. It has the basic sync, and I've never really had issues with it until about two weeks ago. It started with the audio suddenly shutting off with a loud pop, like a speaker had blown. I'd turn off sync, and back on, and nothing would change. When I shut off the car and started it, it would work fine again. I can't think of any specific conditions that were occurring when it happened. Within the last week, it started going out much more loudly. Instead of a pop, it was about 2 seconds of loud static then a pop. And the last two days it's been blasting me with static when I open the doors, and also when I start the engine.
Has anybody had any experience with sync messing up this bad? I can't even get the menu to work. It took me about a half hour to master reset sync, which didnt help.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
When the radio does work, do all the speakers work?

Mike

Yes, and actually a few days later it came back on and was working fine, but it just shut off again a few minutes ago
Are you able to update Sync from your car? On mine with the Sony system I'm able to update Sync.

OP
M

Mpete24

Thread Starter #5
I didn't think to try That, I figured it was a wiring/electrical issue. I'll try it and get back to you

OP
M

Mpete24

Thread Starter #6
Are you able to update Sync from your car? On mine with the Sony system I'm able to update Sync.
I cannot update sync. It won't even turn on now, I tried unhooking the negative terminal from the battery, I checked the fuse. When I turn it on, it just stays at the 'ford audio' screen